Hello, The Confident Mom readers!
First off, I would like to say that I am so excited to be guest posting on The Confident Mom! My name is Jen and my site is called How To: Simplify which offers tips, tricks and recipes to simplify life in the kitchen. I’m so thrilled to have been asked by Susan to share my tips, tricks and recipes once a month with the fans and followers of The Confident Mom! Susan is always full of incredibly helpful advice when it comes to parenting and I hope that you will find my posts to be equally as helpful when preparing food for your family and friends!
Now, onto my guest post…enjoy!
At times, it seems as though I have blueberries on the mind more often than not, especially when it comes to baking. My husband’s absolute favorite flavor is blueberry so I’m always trying to come up with unique ways to satisfy his berry-filled cravings.
The other night I realized that I had a lot of frozen blueberries on hand so I decided to bake my blueberry quick bread. It’s loaded with blueberries and is incredibly moist. It’s the perfect addition to any breakfast spread…or even as a little snack after dinner. Just warm it up, top with some butter and you will have yourself one of the tastiest treats.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and oil.
- In a separate smaller bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Gradually add this mixture to the milk mixture. Whisk together until just combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9×5-inch loaf pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing loaf from pan to a wire rack. Once on the wire rack, allow to cool completely.
I hope you get a chance to bake this bread and enjoy it as much as we do. I know you will love it!
I’ve had the pleasure of writing this guest post for The Confident Mom and I look forward to future posts! You can find this recipe and more at http://www.howto-simplify.com!
Jen Tilley can’t get enough of baking, cooking, entertaining, and gardening. She spends here free-time out of the kitchen playing with her two dogs and spending time with family and friends. She enjoys learning, experimenting and trying new ideas all the time and passes on her great tips at How To: Simplify. Look for more of her great recipes in the weeks to come!