Tackling this task in the Weekly Household Planner:
Getting water into your day is an important necessity, but I think we often neglect what our bodies need when we are focusing so much on being there for everyone else. So today, I will help you decide to consider Pampering Yourself as making sure you are getting the water your body needs everyday!
We all know that when it comes to losing weight, there’s no more powerful weapon than water. Making this your number one beverage will allow you to see results much faster. The typical person is recommended to have at least 6-8 glasses of water daily. Yet, even if your goal is not to lose weight, it is critical for your body to get enough water to work at it’s best.
There are several ways you can add water that will make it easier to swallow.
- Keep a water glass on the kitchen counter. Make this a special glass that’s one of your favorites. Fill it up each time you walk into the kitchen.
- Drink a glass of water before meals. This will help to make you feel full and get more water in your body.
- Carry a water bottle with you wherever you go. If you have water with you, you’ll be more likely to drink it.
- At restaurants, skip the soda and stick to water. It’s better for you and it’s almost always free.
- Drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up each morning. It will help to hydrate you and give you a pick-me-up.
- Add lemon to water. Sometimes the taste of water keeps people from enjoying its health benefits. Adding a squirt of lemon or limejuice can help to perk up the flavor.
- Drink water cold. While some people enjoy room temperature water, many people find it more palatable when it’s cold.
Why is water so important? You are made of more than 70% water. Every cell in your body requires water in order to carry out its processes. You need water to dissolve important vitamins and minerals.
Water helps to regulate your blood pressure, your body temperature, and keeps things running smoothly. When you don’t give your body enough water, it holds onto it. When you give it plenty, you’re less likely to retain water.
Your body also gets rid of fat through sweat and urination. If you’re not providing it with water, you’re not giving that fat an easy exit. But by drinking plenty of water, you’ll lose weight faster and you’ll feel better.
Would it be easier for you to track water consumption if you had a check off area on the Weekly Household Planner for 8 glasses per day?