Two of my latest food obsessions are puff pastries and Nutella. Ever since I conquered my fear of frozen puff pastry dough a few months ago, my puff pastry usage while baking has been a little out of control. I’ve had so much fun creating and experimenting with so many appetizers and desserts. Even though I used to be terrified of baking with it, I now make sure that I always have at least two boxes of frozen puff pastry in my freezer just in case I need to make a quick savory or sweet dish.
Another item that I almost always have in my baker’s pantry is Nutella. For so long I passed by shelves full of Nutella jars when I shopped at World Market. The jars would stare at me and I would try to ignore them with all of my will power. A few months ago I caved in and decided I couldn’t leave the store without one. The reason it took me so long to actually buy a jar was because I kind of overindulged on it while studying abroad in the United Kingdom and the Czech Republic years ago. I knew that if I had a jar in my house it would be dangerous. It turned out that it was dangerous because I have found myself constantly experimenting with new ways to include it in my baked goods.
By combining my two new loves, I baked these delicious Nutella Palmiers. They only require two ingredients, five minutes of prep time and 10-15 minutes to bake. I’m telling you…this is one of the simplest treats to prepare and, if you love Nutella, you will not be disappointed. I promise.
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by placing parchment paper on it.
- Roll out puff pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface and, using a rolling pin, roll it into a 10×12 rectangle.
- Spread the Nutella onto the puff pastry in a thin layer using a spatula.
- Take one side of the puff pastry dough and roll the dough inward, stopping at the middle of the dough.
- Take the other side of the puff pastry dough and roll it inward until it meets the other roll.
- Press the two rolls together so that they maintain that shape when in the oven.
- Slice the log into ½ inch slices by using a sharp knife.
- Place the slices onto the parchment paper and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and place the Nutella Palmiers on a wire rack to cool.
I’ve had the pleasure of writing this guest post for The Confident Mom and I look forward to future posts!