I have shared before – I am not much of a DIY person. I enjoy a few things, but for me, I would much rather buy many household items for cleaning and caring for the home. But, there is one in my household who does enjoy it – my 22 year old daughter!
Lucky me – and we benefit!
She stumbled on a recipe a few weeks ago, we tweaked it a bit and made two batches in an afternoon. It was super easy and we already had the supplies on hand. As soon as the pods were ready she washed her bed sheets and was hooked. Her sheets were fresh, clean, soft and smelled great!
DIY Laundry Pod Recipe
3 cups washing soda
1 cup fels-naptha
4 T Epsom salt
6T hydrogen peroxide
1/2 cup vinegar
Essential Oils (we used Citrus Fresh and Stress Away)
- Grate fels naptha, mix in bowl with washing soda and Epsom salt.
- Add hydrogen peroxide and vinegar. It should resemble wet sand.
- Add 30 drops Essential Oils.
- Press into tablespoon sized balls and drop onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Let sit and dry for 8 hours
Store in an airtight container and enjoy your laundry day!!
If you are interested in learning more about how you can incorporate essential oils in your home and your family wellness routine – be sure to check out my information page!